Romance Fiction posted September 3, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Bob is back

construction site visit

by SimianSavant


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

 
On a warm fall morning in 2014, Bob had been busy clearing land for the new Theranos lab. He was snacking from a bag of banana chips on his 15-minute work break, resting against a wood chipper that was still running, when a strangely dressed woman approached him.

"Hiiiii, I'm Crystal," she introduced herself, extending a gaudily garbed gauntlet. "My boss Joe Biden sent me and he wants to visit your new lab." Each finger of her hand sported multiple rings, including one with a giant sparkling emerald. Warily, Bob shook her hand.

"Hey, are those banana chips?" She peered into the plastic Trader Joe's bag Bob was guarding in his left hand. "Here's something better than those. It's organic." She whipped a raw green plantain out of an oversized silver purse she was carrying. "Wanna try?" She gazed at him with wild, intense green eyes.

"Um, I'll pass," Bob said, looking wryly at the green plantain. "I read some warnings about those on Fanstory."

Crystal shrugged, stuffing the plantain back into her purse. But the plantain got stuck in the zipper, and as she tried to dislodge it, her giant emerald ring popped off and landed near the feeder input on the wood chipper.

"My ring!" she cried.

"I got it," said Bob, picking up a stick on the ground that was hooked on one end. He turned and bent over the wood chipper, reaching to extract the ring.

At that moment, Crystal's green eyes flashed like emeralds, and she kicked Bob into the wood chipper.

Various pieces of Bob blew out of the other end in a dense crimson Halloween mist, as Crystal laughed.

And the moral of the story is: don't ever trust women named Crystal, or anyone who recommends eating uncooked green plantains.




297 words. Little parts of this story are true. Joe Biden actually visited a fake Theranos lab in 2015 that had been built explicitly for his visit, and was impressed. And one of the craziest women I ever met in real life was named Crystal. Being nice to her was a mistake. She bombarded my phone with hundreds of messages and stalked me for a long time.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SimianSavant All rights reserved.
SimianSavant has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.