General Fiction posted March 12, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a coming of age story

Children's Aid

by SimianSavant

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

 

It was a beautiful day in May. Even though it was a day after my birthday, it was STILL a great day, just perfect for lounging outdoors by the water. I sauntered over and relaxed on the grass.

Maya come out beckoned me. "Dude, you FELL ASLEEP last night before even taking a shot! How could you forget?"

"Can I still get one?" I asked, eagerly.

"We'll see. Oh hang tight! Someone's calling me." Out of the corner of my eye I saw her head back abruptly, away from the river.

That's when I heard some splashing. Who in their right mind could have gotten onto our property? Young people these days have no respect. Assumed Marxist communal ownership, the bane of the political left. This intruder must be from Seattle.

To my surprise, it was just a kid. He couldn't have been more than four years old. To have gotten past the fence, he had some gall. And also some skills, as our fence was intended to keep invaders out.

I headed over to investigate. "What are you doing here, kid?"

He just looked at me, as if he had no idea what I had just said.

"Do you know about private property rights? This is my turf. You can't just come in and out. Have you ever read Adam Smith?"

He shrugged at me, and just sat down right in the middle of the water. Clearly the kid had been poorly parented. There was a lot of noise going on from the neighbors on the other side of the fence, so I decided we should relocate to a spot where he could hear me better. So I led him quickly through the water a few yards down. There was a bunch more caterwauling from the other side of the fence when I did that. The kid tried to sit down in the water again. I propped him up. There was no sense in him getting his pants wet. His mother would be upset.

I dragged him along with me a bit further down. Maybe the kid was deaf? Maybe I needed to talk louder. This was getting pretty annoying. I pulled myself up to full height.

"English, motherfucker, do you speak it? ENGLISH!" I yelled at him, doing my best Pulp Fiction impersonation.

That's when someone finally delivered my birthday shot.



True Story Contest contest entry


This story is about the last day I remember on earth.

Bananas have been getting all political lately. Pray against inflation.

Image used with attribution










Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SimianSavant All rights reserved.
SimianSavant has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.