General Non-Fiction posted April 20, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
This friend of mine truly changed me

She Changed my Life

by LoannaLois


Her name is Celia and I am not the same person I was before I met her.

Many years ago, her husband, Brent, was my husband's boss. Beautiful, to-the-manor-born Celia, was classy and kind. Brent; young, robust, intelligent, and a real dynamo, was President and CEO of our extremely large company. They were what most considered a power- couple who lived a power- life.

Brent became ill one day and was surprised, several weeks later, when he was feeling no better. It was cancer. He started chemo treatments and Celia was his care-taker. It was difficult because their son was still in high school, and their daughter had just graduated from college. She was a tour guide over in Europe, making it difficult for her to remain home for long periods of time.

Throughout his illness, Celia was a woman of great faith and constant hope. After nine miserable months, numerous visits to the best doctors and treatments available, he died. Celia was a rock. Her faith in God never wavered nor did her faith in her own ability to carry-on. She was an amazing example of someone being fired upon yet her bravery stood...as did she.

Her son had special problems which took her heart and mind away from her daily obligations. Her daughter finally returned to work in France.

It was then, that my husband, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. His long-time high school girlfriend had no desire to be a nurse, though they had had an on-going affair for years. Celia was the only one who supported my decision to bring him back home. She was my emotional and spiritual friend in Christ. After three months of debilitating and hurtful pain, my husband died. This was particularly difficult since we had just lost a grandson. Our family was reeling but was nurtured and loved by Celia into understanding and acceptance.

It was at this time that Celia received notice from France, that her daughter was missing. She had gone out to run, and never returned. They had exhausted all possibilities. As she prepared to fly to France, she was trying to comfort her son, and all around her. She was on a mission and would bring her daughter home.

They found her dear precious daughter in a drainage ditch. She had landed, after having been hit by a drunk driver, face-down. She never knew another moment.

Celia changed my life because of how she has handled the ultimate pain one could experience. It is because of how she has handled her life in general.She has trusted God, claimed His promises. and has never hated...or faltered.

She is my friend, my hero, my rock, and the person who changed my life...forever.



Someone Who Changed My Life writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write an essay about a person who changed your life.Consider detail as you write. 500 words or less


This is my friend.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LoannaLois All rights reserved.
LoannaLois has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.