Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted April 18, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
150 word synopsis of my life

Who's Laughing?

by Spiritual Echo

Your Life in 150 words Contest Winner 
Imagine for a moment, God looking down at a crippled earth, holding the hand of a child, and telling the girl to jump.

"No, I don't want that," I protested.

For a moment, I felt safe. He pulled me into his lap and held me for the last time. His words resonated as he flung me out, threw me into a quagmire. "If it was good enough for my son, it surely is good enough for you."

I suppose it could have been worse, but for most of my life, I was angry.

When I remembered that intimate moment before birth, I'd shake my fist at the sky and rage against My Father, who equated my life with a swimming lesson.

"Sink or swim," the mirthful response would filter down, tease me, encourage and deflate me.

"This isn't fair," I'd say and continue to mumble as I served my time.


Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words...

Your Life in 150 words
Contest Winner

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.