Reading Up Next: Skip This One

 Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted April 16, 2014 Chapters:  ...36 37 -38- 39... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted

A chapter in the book My Life In A Box

Standing Tall

by LovnPeace


I really am not tall. I reach a full five-foot-two inches. I recently saw an expression that took me back to a place I once believed in. Life took me away from that belief and threw me into the body mode.

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."

I once embraced the idea of having a body in order for the soul to express life. Without a body we can only think life.

I now have an aging body with many ails calling for my attention. Every bodily function seems magnified. Many of them are wearing down so reaching the toilet in time is critical. With no job or children calling for attention my sights are acute. My sexual desires still pull at me in temptation. It is as it should be, but it is difficult getting away from accessing my body functions. In my mind getting old is a privilege. It is not given to everyone and it calls for making an effort from me to live up to that gift.

I have been like a fish flopping on dry land lately. I am being pulled back to my soul. I believe it is a common thing as we get nearer to the end of our life span, to seek answers for the purpose of life. I want to be able to put aside some of this aging process and be the soul again.

Discovering an effective way to by-pass all of my body's cries for attention is the challenge. I have a short attention span. I have begun a Bible study on my own and am excited about finding solutions to questions I have and might practice.

I have been a Christian most of my life. Not always a very good one for much of it, but I have always loved Christ. It is time. Time to get back to that soul and let this small body stand tall.




An exciting journey.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LovnPeace All rights reserved.
LovnPeace has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.